General Swim & Lesson Information
Current Pool Schedule
Additionally, you can call the Pool Schedule Hotline for the most up to date schedule: 403-782-1277
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 5 pm
Public swim times may be different each day, check the schedule to get the accurate time.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy the main pool, the teaching pool, and the whirlpool. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a person 14 years of age or older, and remain within arms reach at all times - both in and out of the water.
Swimmers may bring their own toys to the pool provided they are clean and disinfected.
Lane swims are offered multiple times per day, Monday through Friday.
Parent & Tot Swim
Pre-school children and caregivers are welcome to enjoy the teaching pool and whirlpool at various times throughout the day, as well as during all public swims. Please see the current pool schedule for available times. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years of age or older, and remain within arm’s reach at all times- both in and out of the water.
$3 Admission Swim
A special admission rate of $3 for swimming occurs on Tuesday Public Swims
If you have any concerns or special needs, please speak with the instructor.
Red Cross Swimming Lessons
Swimming lessons are about much more than achieving a badge. Swimming lessons are about learning to be safe in the water, learning first aid and rescue skills, providing recreation opportunities for your kids, and helping them to develop a lifelong commitment to an active and healthy lifestyle.
Tips for Success in Swimming Lessons
- Check your receipt to ensure that your child has been registered correctly.
- Let us know as soon as possible if you have concerns about your child’s class so that we have time to address them.
- Not sure what program level your child is in? We will do a free evaluation. Drop-in during a public swim and talk to the supervising lifeguard on shift.
- Register early, especially if you would like to register more than one child in lessons around the same time.
- Sometimes children need a break from swimming lessons. We offer a variety of programs - including the ever-popular Junior Lifeguard Club - as alternatives. Variety can help keep kids interested in aquatics.
On the last day of each session of lessons, parents may join their child’s class and participate in the activities. Bring your swimsuits and have a little fun. Your children will love it!
Kinsmen Aquatic Centre Lesson Guarantee
If your child has taken the same level twice within a 12-month period at the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre and has not completed that same level, we will provide a free 30-minute private lesson for your child. We take pride in the quality of our instruction. Your child’s success is important to us.
Private lessons are a great way to develop specific swimming skills through personalized coaching. If your child is almost finished a level and needs to complete just a few more items, a couple of private lessons could be the answer for you.
Private lessons are not only for children. We offer private lessons for adults who are looking to learn how to swim when our adult lessons are not available.
30 minutes: $25