Utility Service Centre
Moving can be overwhelming. Hooking up or disconnecting your City utilities doesn’t have to be. Everything you need to know to complete the process is available from this page. If there are any questions that are not answered here, please contact our Utility Accounts Clerk.
- How do I open a utilities account?
- Contact the City of Lacombe by phone at 403-782-6666 or in person at least two business days prior to either the possession date or the date that you are responsible for the services.
- Fill out the printable Utilities Service Agreement Form (PDF) for water, sewer, and garbage.
- Pay the $35 connection fee for your new account. The $35 connection fee is charged on the first bill.
- If you are renting a residential property, an initial $350 deposit and a signed utilities service agreement are required to open your account. Additional deposits may be required if the account is not kept in good standing. These deposits are held for the entire duration of your utility service. Renters may have their deposit waived if they sign up with the Pre-Authorized Withdrawl Form (PDF).
- If you are an owner of a property, you may be assessed a deposit depending on your account history.
- How do I cancel my utilities account?
Fill in and submit the Utilities Service Cancellation Form (PDF).
- I am moving within Lacombe. How do I transfer my utilities?
- What are my utility payment options?
- City Hall via credit/debit card, cash or cheque
- Dropbox at City Hall
- Local bank
- Online banking
- Pre-authorized payment plan (see the Pre-Authorized Withdrawal Form (PDF))
- With a credit card through your City of Lacombe online utility account
Please note: For Local or Online Banking, to avoid Late payments and penalties, please allow at least 3 business days for your bank to process your payment before the due date.
- Can I temporarily disconnect my utilities?
Yes. Fill out the Utility Service Disconnect Form (PDF).
- How do I get/apply for bulk water?
Register online for a bulk water "Flowpoint system" account. Follow the directions to access the bulk water station or pay with a credit card at the station.
- Utilities Service Agreement Form (PDF)
- Utility Service Cancellation Form (PDF)
- Utility Service Pre-Authorized Withdrawal Form (PDF)
- Utility Service Pre-Authorized Cancellation Form (PDF)
- Utility Service Disconnect Form (PDF)
- Monthly Utilities Duplicate Invoice Waiver (PDF)
- Radio Read Water Meter Opt Out Form / Non-Radio Frequency Water Meter Request (PDF)