The Water / Wastewater Department is responsible for delivering and maintaining the City’s water, sanitary and storm sewer systems, including:
- Ensuring that the sewers flow to the regional lift station through upgrades and regular maintenance.
- Ensuring there is water when you turn on a tap or fire hydrant.
- Installing new water and wastewater services.
- Maintaining and repairing breaks in the water, sanitary, and storm sewer systems.
- Managing the North Red Deer River Water Services Commission (NRDRWSC) and North Red Deer Regional Wastewater Services Commission (NRDRWWSC).
- Operating three water distribution pump houses and three sanitary lift stations.
- Providing safe drinking water.
Documents & Resources