Lacombe, Alberta (April 12, 2021) – Lacombe City Council approved the Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan (DARP) Implementation Priority Projects, which includes a list of short, medium and long-term capital projects.
These projects will be funded through a previously approved funding commitment of $1.7 million for capital projects within DARP.
The projects were chosen by the DARP Advisory Committee, which worked with O2 Planning and Consulting + Design Administration to expand on the priorities identified by the public in a previously released survey. The committee identified specific capital projects to undertake within the DARP boundary and prioritized those projects based on impact, available funding and other factors.
Short-term projects identified by the committee include:
- Public Space Program – N/A Cost
- String Lights across 50 Street - $50,000
- Downtown Entry/Landmark Signs – $80,000
- Pedestrian Accessibility and Improvements - $36,000
- Review Lest We Forget Park Surface Upgrade - $10,000
Medium-term projects identified include:
- Tree Asset Management Plan - $45,000
- Lest We Forget Park Surface Upgrade - $270,000
- Pedestrian Friendly Shared Streets (50 Street Converted to one-way) $250,000
Long-term projects identified include:
- Pedesrian Accessibility and Improvements - $400,000
- Decorative Crosswalks - $64,000
- Public Space Program - $500,000
These priority projects will now be added into the City of Lacombe 2022-2031 Capital Plan.
More information on these projects can be found at www.lacombe.ca/DARP.
For additional information, contact:
Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator