Due to the Government of Alberta’s easing of some restrictions related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre is planning to re-open to the public for limited pre-booked programming as of March 1, 2021.
We are currently able to offer the following programs:
- School programming
- Homeschool group swim lessons
- Junior Lifeguard Club (JLC) training sessions
- Private swim lessons (one-on-one or one instructor per household)
- One-on-one adult training (swimming and/or water fitness)
- Advanced Lifesaving Courses and Recertifications
- Modified group swim lessons
- Private Pool Rentals (all people must be from the same household)
- Low-Intensity Water Walking
- Low Impact Water Fitness
All participation must be pre-booked by calling the Aquatic Centre at 403-782-1278 or by booking online at cityoflacombe.perfectmind.com. Registration for all programs is currently open.
Programs that will NOT be allowed include:
- Lane Swim
- Water Fitness
- Public Swims
- Adult Group Lessons
Please note, we are in Step 1 of the provincial re-opening plan, and our facility remains closed to the public. On March 1, only patrons with pre-booked training or lessons will be able to access the facility five (5) minutes prior to their scheduled start. All patrons will need to arrive dressed for their activity under their clothes, as change rooms will only be available while exiting. The shower on deck is available, but change rooms showers will remain closed. Viewing is not available under current restrictions.
Due to the changing nature of the public health crisis, the above information is subject to change.
Staff at the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre office welcome phone calls from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.