Lacombe, Alberta (March 4, 2022) – Lacombe City Council approved the 2022-2025 Strategic Plan, which contains the City's Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategic Objectives for this next term.
With support from Administration and external facilitators, Council held a workshop in December. Together, they collaboratively envisioned the future of the City of Lacombe and determined where to focus municipal resources over the next four to achieve desirable community outcomes.
"Through a collaborative process, Lacombe City Council was able to create a document that ensures your municipality remains an innovative leader in service delivery," Mayor Grant Creasey said. "The 2022-2025 Strategic Plan is an essential tool which communicates the will of our community to those who implement the policies and services our citizens expect.
"I do not doubt that this forward-thinking, economically-friendly Strategic Plan will benefit our residents for years to come."
The Plan combines each Councillor’s views and experiences into a cohesive vision for Council. This process allows Administration to prioritize resources and tactics, to achieve Council's objectives.
Council relied on the values of collaboration, fiscal responsibility, innovation, integrity and respect in the Plan to achieve the City's mission:
Lacombe innovates; challenges ourselves and others to support a vibrant, verdant, inter-generational City of choice.
The Plan's Strategic Objectives include:
• Growing the Community - Creating an environment conducive for investment and development.
1. Collaborating with community stakeholders on community economic development
2. Strengthening conditions for investor attraction
3. Attracting major retailers
• Managing Community Resources - Managing the City in a fiscally responsible manner.
1. Sustainable infrastructure
2. Sustainable service levels
3. Sustainable funding
• Building the Community - Long-term sustainable service delivery.
1. Efficiently delivering core services
2. Increasing accessibility of City services
3. Planning for adequate transportation options within the community
• Supporting the Community - Maintaining a vibrant, healthy, and safe community.
1. Supporting expansion of community programming through partnerships
2. Supporting community safety
3. Supporting a healthy community
The document, in its entirety, is divided into a high-level plan and more specific details, including tactical assignments and timelines.
Residents can read the document online by logging on to Lacombe.ca, under the City Publications header.
For additional information, contact:
Communications and Community Engagement Coordinator