Raising a young family in Lacombe since 2004, Thalia Hibbs has been very involved in the community, especially through minor sports. Always eager to volunteer where there is a need, Thalia belongs to a number of service groups. She also has held many other board and committee positions.
For seven years prior to becoming a Councillor, Thalia was an elected School Board Trustee with St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Schools, which included serving as board chair.
A self-described lifelong learner, Thalia is always pursuing learning opportunities. Beyond currently working on a Commerce degree, she enjoys reading, attending forums, seminars or workshops, and places great value on public engagement.
Councillor Hibbs was elected in October 2017, and reelected in October 2021. She serves on the following municipal boards and committees:
- Council Committee of the Whole
- Emergency Management Advisory Committee
- Lacombe Regional Emergency Partnership
- Lacombe Art Collection Committee
- Lacombe Library Board (Alt.)
- Echo Lacombe Association
- North Red Deer Regional Wastewater Services Commission (Alt.)