Information for Evacuees
For up to date wildfire information and aid please access the following links:
- Alberta Government's web page - This is the primary source for all matters regarding emergency updates.
- Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo website - The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo's website continues to provide updates for about the community.
- Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo's Twitter page - this is the official account for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. This account is not monitored 24/7.
- Alberta Health Services Wildfire Resource Page - Wildfire health and wellness resources and/or services that are available to help you and your loved ones cope with health care needs and stress in the aftermath of fires.
- 211 Alberta - 211 is able to help you find the right community and social services. Dialing 211 will allow you to speak to an Information and Referral Specialist.
Information for Evacuees in Lacombe
The City of Lacombe would like to offer the following services to evacuated residents:
- Michener Recreation Area campground is offering free camping. The Michener Recreation Area campground can be accessed off Highway 12, across from the Lacombe Golf Course on the west side of the city. Please call 403-782-2268 to make arrangements for a spot.
- Admission to the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre (5429 - 53 Street Lacombe, AB) is free for those who had to evacuate their home as a result of the wildfires.
- BOLT Transit – Free fares on all transit routes for one month with proof of residency from evacuated areas shown to the transit operator.
How to Help
- Donate money to a registered charity that is assisting in the relief efforts, such as the Red Cross or United Way.
- The Edmonton Emergency Relief Services is coordinating donation efforts in Edmonton and is specifically requesting donations of diapers, baby wipes, new toiletries such as soap and shampoo and new socks and underwear. They are also looking for volunteers. For more information, call 780-428-4422 or visit their Facebook page.