Trails and pathways encourage healthy lifestyles, save energy and protect air quality by encouraging non-motorized transportation. Lacombe’s trail system includes natural, gravel and paved trails.
Residents & visitors are encouraged to:
- Take a power walk around the Cranna Lake Trail, stop at the outdoor fitness stations and challenge yourself while boosting your metabolism naturally and improving your overall health.
- Check out the natural trails surrounding Elizabeth Lake. Posted signs will guide you from the Cranna Lake Trail head to the lake. Be be sure to try out the four fitness equipment pieces that are located along the trail, thanks to Bill Nielsen Trail Society - formerly known as Lacombe in Motion
- If you are looking for a more leisurely walk, take a stroll through the alleys of our historic downtown and check out the beautiful murals portraying local streetscapes dating back to the period between 1890 and 1910. Refer to the brochure for more information.
- Before heading out on the trails, be sure to check out the Fight the Bite information on how to protect yourself and family from mosquitoes
New trail development
Each year sees further progress in the development of the various trails. Long-term development of trails is outlined in the Lacombe Trail/Sidewalk Development Plan.
- Murals around Lacombe
- Outdoor fitness equipment
- Current trail projects/construction
- City of Lacombe overall trail map
- Cranna Lake Paved trail
- Elizabeth Lake Natural trail
- Henner’s Park Paved trail
- Barnett Lake Natural trail