June is Block Party month. We are excited to announce that for 2016 the first five registered block parties will win Block Party packages.
We would like to thank our generous sponsors Central Alberta COOP, Lacombe Servus Credit Union, and Sims and Associates Insurance Services.
Block Parties are a great way for neighbours to meet, build friendships and create a sense of belonging to a community. When neighbours know one another they are more likely to look out each other and the neighbourhood, which helps with safety in the area and can help to decrease crime.
Reasons to have a Block Party
- Have fun – no excuses or reasons are needed to celebrate
- Provide an opportunity to know your neighbours and where they live
- Build friendships
- Increase the sense of belonging to a community
- Encourage neighbours to look after the neighbourhood
- Help with safety/crime prevention by knowing who lives where
New Block Party Activity Kit
- This year the City of Lacombe has an activity kit that your neighbourhood can borrow when you have a block party. The kit contains games that you can play including golf toss or bocce ball. To book this kit for you block party call (403) 782-1267.
Lacombe Community Watch Association
Lacombe Community Watch Association (LCWA) in collaboration with Lacombe Police Services (LPS) are working together to create a safer community.
Volunteers are needed and are welcome to join one or all of the following safe community initiatives:
Block Parent: Becoming a Block Parent is a rewarding opportunity that assists children in need who may require your help within your own neighbourhood.
Citizens on Patrol (COP’s): Group of committed volunteers that are trained in community patrol who effectively respond as eyes and ears for the LPS.
Neighbourhood Watch: Neighbours working together to ensure the safety of their neighbourhoods.
Time commitments are flexible and discretionary. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Free training provided by LPS and LCWA. All required Criminal Record Checks are offered FREE through the Lacombe Police Services.
For more information and volunteer application for please contact firstname.lastname@example.org