The City of Lacombe came under the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act on October 1, 1999. The FOIP Act aims to strike a balance between the public's right to know and the individual's right to privacy with regard to records held by the municipality.
Summary of the FOIP Act
The FOIP Act is based on two essential principles: the right to access information and the right to privacy. The City of Lacombe is committed to complying with the FOIP Act and supporting its principles.
- You have the right to request access to the records held by the City of Lacombe, subject to limited and specific exceptions.
- You have the right to access information that the City has about you.
- You have the right to request the City to correct personal information it has about you.
- The Act controls the way in which the City may collect personal information from you, controls the use that the City may make of your personal information and controls how the City can disclose information about you.
- You have the right to request independent review of any issue related to FOIP by the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
The City of Lacombe has a FOIP Coordinator. Requests for information can be made directly to the FOIP Coordinator by completing a FOIP Request form.
General requests, or requests for non-personal information, require a fee of $25 payable to the City of Lacombe. Requests for personal information do not require an initial fee. If the request is made on behalf of another individual, an Authorization of Representative form must be submitted.
Lacombe, AB T4L 1E97