The City of Lacombe and its Council recognize the need for two-way communication with its citizens. The City of Lacombe has established a practice which will ensure that requests, inquiries or complaints regarding civic affairs are given proper consideration and are dealt in a fair, open and timely manner.
Any complaint against a City employee(s) will be considered in a professional manner and take into account the protection of personal information of the employee(s). Members of the public who submit an inquiry or complaint will receive a written response. Online copies of replies can be found below for the current year or in a yearly archive as well.
Given the public nature of council and committee meetings, an individual writing to council or to the administration of a municipality may have a reasonable expectation that their correspondence, including their name and address, could be disclosed at a public council or committee meeting. Personal information such as telephone numbers, email addresses and any other personal details will be removed from public viewing. To read more about the roles and responsibilities of administration and council in this process, please see the Citizen Request and Response policy.
There are multiple ways that a citizen can engage with council and administration. Council will receive correspondence by written letter, email and through the form below, which will go directly to the Council Liaison.
Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP)
The personal information that you provide to the City of Lacombe is collected under the authority of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act – Section 33(c). The information will be used for the purpose of addressing citizen requests, inquiries and complaints. Collected personal information is protected from unauthorized access, collection, use, and disclosure in accordance with the FOIP Act, and can be reviewed and corrected upon request. Questions regarding the collection of personal information can be directed to: FOIP Coordinator, City of Lacombe, 5432-56 Ave, Lacombe, AB T4L 1E9, Tel (403)782-1281.
Citizens Requests and Inquiries Form
Citizens Requests and Inquiries Responses
2020 Responses to Citizens to date
||Lacombe Days Beer Cannabis Garden
Archived Responses by Year
- 55 Ave Storm Debris
- Airport Cattails Brushcutting_Redacted
- Airport Runway Use for Lacombe Days_Redacted
- Anti Idling Information_Redacted
- Arena Advertising and Wall of Fame
- Ball Diamonds Score Clock_Redacted
- Biweekly Garbage Collection
- Business License Fee
- Business Licenses for Pawnshops_Redacted
- Bylaw Enforcement Hours of Service_Redacted
- City Budget and Trails
- Commercial Developer - Wolf Creek Industrial
- Crossing Highway Street Trail Access to Co-Op Mall
- Crosswalk on Terrace Heights Drive_Redacted
- Curling Rink Roof Repairs_Redacted
- Dandelion Control by Spraying_Redacted
- Elm Tree Care_Redacted
- Fairway Drive Speeds and Sidewalks
- Fairway Drive Speeds and Sidewalks_Redacted
- Farmers Market Location
- Fire Pits Michener Campground_Redacted
- Garbage Bin Lids_Redacted
- Grass clippings and Mulch_Redacted
- Homeless in Lacombe_Redacted