UPDATE: Economic supports to mitigate impacts of COVID-19
Lacombe, Alberta (March 26, 2020) – Council recently directed City Administration to implement a number of community economic supports to mitigate impacts on residents and local businesses.
See below for details on the approved community economic supports:
1. Utility Payment Deferral (3 months)
Effective April 2020, the City is suspending late payment penalties on utility accounts. This will give residents and businesses a ‘grace period’ of three months where utility payments can be deferred, after which they have six months to repay the deferred amount. You only need to contact the City if you are on a Pre-authorized Payment Plan; however all ratepayers are encouraged to pay any amount they can in order to minimize utility carry-over payments. To sign up for the program if you are on a Pre-authorized Payment Plan, or for more information, call (403)782-1265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Tax Installment Payment Plan System (TIPPS) Property Tax Payment Deferral (3 months)
This program will give property owners the opportunity to defer their TIPP payments for a maximum of three months (April, May, June), beginning April 2020. If owners miss the April deadline to defer, they can still sign up and defer their May and June payments. When payments resume in July, they will be adjusted to the appropriate amount needed to have the balance paid off in full by December 31, 2020.
To sign up for the TIPPS deferral, or if you have questions about the program, please call 403-782-1257, email email@example.com, or access the form “Tax Installment Payment Plan Deferral Form” online at http://lacombe.ca/living/taxes-assessment.
3. Property Tax Deadline Deferral (6 months) The City is moving the property tax deadline from June 30 to December 31, 2020, to provide cash flow relief to residents and businesses financially impacted by the pandemic. Please note that property tax notices will be mailed out in May for those wishing to pay by June 30.
Please Note: Item number 3 applies only to residents and businesses who pay directly the City of Lacombe after receiving their tax notice. It does not apply to financial institutions that remit property tax payments to the City of Lacombe on behalf of property owners. Those who wish to defer tax payments made with their mortgages need to contact their financial institutions.
For more information, please call 403-782-1257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff is available to answer any questions you may have:
- For utilities please call 403-782-1265 or email email@example.com
- For property taxes please call 403-782-1257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org